Thursday, January 14, 2010

313 @ Somerset Saga: Part One

So I went to check out the new mall at Somerset last Sunday, called 313 @ Somerset. I checked out Uniqlo. I was at the entrance of the fitting room area, holding on to a blue tank top I wanted to try and was horrified to see shoes, neatly placed in front of each fitting room door. I couldn't believe that I had to take off my shoes to enter the fitting rooms! I complied and low and behold, the fitting room was carpeted. The first thought that came to my mind was, "Oh my god, the TJ (Toe Jam)!" Just imagine, thousands of people, with smelly feet, walking all over that small little square of carpet. I'm not even a fan of Uniqlo to begin with, but that totally put me off. All that accumulated TJ over the day. Gross. What's their point of carpeting the fitting room anyway? I know their intention of telling customers to take off their shoes before entering is to maintain the carpeted floor, but why on earth are they inconveniencing customers for their own convenience? Well Uniqlo, just to let you know, I can live without the carpeted fitting room floor, but not with the fact that I'm stepping on tons of other peoples' TJ.
I continued walking around the mall after that incident and just as I was walking past another clothing store, I cringed. Someone had walked right by me and a trail of sour odor followed! It wasn't just one incident, there were several smelly people at the mall that day. Smelly people should never go out in public. Why are they so inconsiderate? How could they possibly expect anyone to put up with their bad BO (body odor)? I regard this as a socially irresponsible act, just like spitting and littering. Why can't we impose a fine on smelly people? Just like how fines are imposed on socially irresponsible acts like spitting and littering. If you're smelly - FINE $10.
I'm not being mean, but I think it's good to encourage good personal hygiene.
Speaking of people, I came across an elderly Caucasian lady - clearly a tourist...to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment