Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The $9,400 Kinokuniya guys

Hello my darlings,

I was at Kinokuniya today at Ngee Ann City. I picked up a mothers' day gift and a birthday present for my sis.

I was at the cashier, paying for the books when I heard a woman saying..."Nine Thousand, Three hundred and Forty-Six". I turned to look, and there were two African men whipping out thousand dollar bills, hundred dollar bills and fifty dollar bills. I looked at the amount shown on the cash register...it really was $9,346. I couldn't believe my eyes, nearly 10 grand on books?! And they were paying it all in CASH?! Cold hard cash!

There was a whole pile of a wide variety of books sitting on the counter. I didn't observe what kinda books they were, I was way too distracted watching all that cash coming out of the man's wallet.

Now that's one crazy situation I'll never come across again in my life.

Till next time darlings, happy shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment