Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Crocoholics

I mentioned in my previous blog, that I would like to address a certain addiction that fascinates me. The title of this entry speaks for itself: I am talking about the addiction to Crocs.

Crocs are cute. They're cute to look at. They're cute on kids. But they're not cute on a grown man, dressed in slacks nor are they cute on a woman wearing a dress.

Crocs are not cute on adults. Period. Some adults are absolutely nuts about Crocs. They have them in different designs, an array of colors and wear them for almost every occasion. Now that's what I call LOVE. I guess there could be a fine line between love and addiction. Some live through the addiction by buying an array of Crocs for their kids.

I like the concept of Crocs. They're fun. I can understand some people's addiction to these shoes. Actually, I don't even think they should be called shoes. They should be catagorized under a more general term like: Footwear.

Here's why: The definition of "Shoes" at http://dictionary.reference.com is:

"An external covering for the human foot, usually of leather and consisting of a more or less stiff or heavy sole and a lighter upper part ending a short distance above, at, or below the ankle."

Crocs do not have the necessary "sole" to be called a shoe. If you consider them to have soles, then the entire footwear should be called a sole because the entire footwear's made in the same material as the sole.

And that is all my darlings.

(Picture credit: http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2008/07/23-End%20of%20Month/crocs%20suck.JPG)

No comments:

Post a Comment