Monday, December 28, 2009

Money can't buy taste; the Subway nuts

Have you ever come across people who spend a lot of money buying expensive clothes and accessories and they're dressed like crap?
Well, I was at the recent TANGS sale, queuing up to pay for a bunch of lingerie and in front of me, was a middle aged couple. The guy was dressed in an over-sized t-shirt, that was faded pale blue and it had the words "Boss Hugo Boss" printed across his chest. He paired it with a pair of brown and black plaid bermudas and ugly man-sandals. His wife was dressed in a woven, cotton, sleeveless top with a soft collar, it was a faded navy blue, clearly looked old, and it was paired with a pair of once-were-white bermudas. Both their hair was disheveled and they both wore glasses. This couple actually bought $640 worth of clothes!
Hello?! If you can spend 640 bucks on shopping, why the hell are you dressed like that? Just where do you wear your nice clothes? As people say, money can't buy taste.
And check this out, I had dinner at Subway, and now they have this new meal, the healthy alternative to the cookies and soft drink combo: A bottle of water and yogurt or a packet of nuts. On the packet of nuts, there was a warning sticker saying "This product contains nuts". Thanks, I really didn't know that. Thanks for warning me, cause I have a deadly allergic reaction to nuts and I was just about to have this potent packet of nuts, but I had no idea there were nuts inside. Thanks for warning me.


No comments:

Post a Comment