Sunday, November 28, 2010

Velvet in the tropics

Hello my darling,

I was shocked to see a collection of different colored velvet slacks and pencil skirts in a particular shop that has outlets in many places in Singapore. (Velvet in tropical weather? It's true that this brand isn't local, but did they not bother to do any market research?) Unfortunately, I was unable to take a picture of this nightmare for your entertainment. Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'm not mistaking corduroy for velvet. The slacks and skirts I saw were velvet darling, VEL-VET.

I like velvet sweatpants, I think they're fun and comfy. But velvet slacks and pencil skirts are just passe. Has been. Finito.

And as I walked out of the store, to my horror I saw a collection of shocking, electric, hot pink long sleeve tees, tank tops and turtles necks. The long sleeve tees had a very shiny, silver threading tracing the round neck collar. Erm, honey, blinding much?

This shop will from now on, affectionately be known to me as the little shop of fashion horrors.

Till next time my darling.

Shopping Biatch

No comments:

Post a Comment